Fire Company Organized – September 25, 1883
- Jim Wade
- September 25, 2020
- 1 Min Read
On September 25, 1883, a special meeting of the Village Council was held at Harrington Hall (Hotel) to establish the Almont Hook and Ladder Company.
The previous year the Council had purchased a crane-neck hand fire truck, hoses and ladders.
After establishing the Company, the Village Council worked on constructing a water supply system though out the Village. The first Village well had been constructed in early 1877. The well was at the east end of Centennial Avenue. The Council eventually built a well house and water tank.
After forming the Company, the Council constructed five 300-gallon cisterns throughout the village to supply water during fires.
Share This Article