William F. Teed Purchases Property – March 12, 1834
- Jim Wade
- March 12, 2021
- 1 Min Read
On March 12, 1834, William F. Teed purchased land in Section 22 of Almont Township, which is on the east side of Howland, and between East St. Clair Street and Tubsprings Roads. His property was within the Village limits when the Village was platted in 1836. His home was one of five in the Village when Newburg was created – Oliver Bristol’s, Jonathan Sleeper’s, Daniel Black’s, and Nicholas Richardson.
Teeds Street which runs from Van Dyke to Cherry Street was named for him.