“Braidwood Farm Named a Centennial Farm” – April 25, 1967
- Jim Wade
- April 25, 2022
- 1 Min Read
On April 25, 1967, the Michigan Historical Commission named the Braidwood Farm as a Centennial Farm.
The farm, located on the south side of Bordman Road in Bruce Township was purchased by Alexander B. Braidwood in 1843. Alexander had just emigrated from Galston, Scotland, when he purchased the property.
Alexander’s son, Robert, became the owner in 1900. The property passed to Robert’s son, Maurice, in 1942. Maurice’s son, Norman, was the owner of the property in 1985.