On May 20, 1848, the Ferguson Cemetery was created from a portion of the Ferguson Farm. In 1921 an addition to the cemetery was added to east. Later additional land to the east was added to the cemetery.
In 1947, relatives of the late Mrs. Charles D. Ferguson (owner of the farm) erected a building as a memorial to her. The building was used as a temporary mausoleum for those who pass on at a time when the weather is disagreeable. The basement was created as a storage room for cemetery tools.
On May 17, 1956, the well was dug to provide water at the cemetery.
The earliest burial was of Albert Southwell who died August 27, 1939.
The cemetery was not plotted until August 25, 1886.